Young Composers' Workshop 2017
Young Composers 2016
Twelve composition students, ages 14-20, will participate in the 2017 Sunset ChamberFest Young Composers' Workshop. Each participating student will be given the opportunity to compose a new work with the instruments clarinet, flute, violin, viola, cello, and piano which will be workshopped and professionally recorded by Sunset ChamberFest's season artists. Each student will receive two private lessons with one of the composition mentors prior to the workshop. In addition to the workshop, students will be recognized at each of the ChamberFest concerts on June 11th and 12th. One piece from last year’s workshop will be premiered at these concerts and a piece from the 2016 workshop will be chosen to be premiered the following season. All participants will be admitted free of charge to all ChamberFest concerts.
- 2 private composition lessons before the festival
- Recognition in concerts in Glendale and Hollywood
- Electronic music workshop, an interactive demonstration of computer music with Adam Borecki; Lecture by Sean Friar
- A 30-minute wokshop rehearsal of the piece as well as the opportunity to watch other rehearsals
- 60 minutes rehearsal time after the initial workshop
- A professional recording of the piece
- The chance to have the piece premiered in Sunset ChamberFest 2017
June 5th - 12th
* Lessons prior to the festival will accommodate student and teacher availability
Workshop events are generously hosted by the Glendale City Church and the performance/recording is hosted by the Brain and Creativity Institute of USC at Cammilleri Hall.
2016 Composition Mentors